Posted by : Unknown Thursday 17 July 2014

Serena Williams suffered a health scare during Wimbledon
Stockholm:Serena Williams just pulled out of next week's Swedish Open after failing to recover from the illness which ended her Wimbledon campaign dramatically.
The 32-year-old American World Number 1, the defending champion at the Bastad claycourt event, withdrew from the Wimbledon doubles after suffering from a "viral illness".
"I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100%," Williams said.
"Bastad was my favourite tournament I played in last year, thus I am very disappointed not to come back there. But there is still next year, so I can't wait to go back there."
"I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it's not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week."
Williams was defeated in the 4th round at this year's Wimbledon before she retired from her doubles second-round match with sister Venus after almost fainting & serving 4 double faults in a performance which made for uncomfortable viewing.

Related:

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Sports Stories - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -