Posted by : Unknown Saturday 12 July 2014

Simon Katich retires

Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich.
Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich.

Simon Katich, captain of Perth Scorchers has announced his retirement from T20 cricket, drawing the final curtain on a distinguished career. Now a player development co-ordinator for AFL team Greater Western Sydney Giants, He says his retirement is effective immediately, meaning he won't join the Scorchers at this year's Champions League tournament in India from September.
His decision is based on family reasons, as Katich & his wife Georgie are expecting a second child in the near future. "I have a young family, I've had a great run & for my last game at the WACA, my home ground, to be a win in a successful campaign is the stuff you dream of,". "I'll finish on a high and that was a big part of the reason I decided to pull up stumps." he said.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Sports Stories - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -